IIFL Wealth Management partnered with Wealth-X, the leading provider of global data and insights on the wealthy, to produce one of the most comprehensive studies on the wealthy to date and measures this group uniquely against wealthy populations from around the world. The IIFL Wealth Index 2018 series comprises three individual volumes that explore top-of-mind issues impacting the wealthy in India: India’s Quantum Leap, The Investor Mindset, and Shake up those Assets.
IIFL Wealth Management interviewed 500 high net worth individuals (HNIs) in India, the most extensive survey of this powerful economic demographic, each with a personal wealth of INR65m or more. It is required reading for anyone seeking to understand the economic resurgence of India and the fortune builders behind it.
The IIFL Wealth Index 2018 not only explores the growth of the wealthy population in India, but takes a closer look into who they are, where they rank among the world's most-moneyed, how they made their wealth, as well as their concerns, priorities and plans for the future.
India’s Quantum Leap
- India’s Quantum Leap focuses on how India is creating wealth at a fantastic rate
- India is home to 284,140 wealthy individuals with a combined fortune of INR95trn. By 2021, that figure will reach INR188trn
- India’s HNW population is expected to vastly exceed its global contemporaries, growing by 86% by 2021
The Investor Mindset
- The Investor Mindset explores the aims and concerns of the wealthy in India
- 96% of the wealthy believe they will achieve their goals in the next five years
- Some 82% already have or are planning to put in place a succession plan
Shake up those Assets
- Shake Up Those Assets examines how the wealth held by economic dynamos is structured and what their future priorities are
- Impact investing - investment in companies and funds that deliver a social or environmental impact and financial return - is important to 58% of India’s wealthy
- 46% plan to increase their stakes in equities